Yesterday we discussed drinking water and why it is important. Let's go over some tips on HOW to get that water intake UP!
- Use a fun water bottle that is JUST big enough. Most "SHAKER" Bottles are 20-25oz. I find this to be perfect! I fill mine before the gym, after the gym, at lunch, around 4 and then at dinner...DONE! 120oz IN and easy! SOme people prefer to carry the gallon around, I find that to be intimidating but it does work for some!Stop in SAGE NUTRITION and check out our Hero, Star Wars and WRESTLER Shaker Bottles!
- Eat foods that HAVE water in them. Fresh fruits and veggies!!!!
- Use a timer to remind yourself to sip. Set it to buzz every 10-15 minutes or so. It's easy to get caught up and forget to sip!
- Some find it easier to use a straw. Give it a shot!
- Add fresh fruits to your water. Be sure NOT to overkill it with lemon. Lemon is GREAT but it is also acidic and can do a number on your teeth if you overdo it!
What "counts" as water??? WATER whether you make a protein shake out of it, drink a coffee (black) or add a non calorie sweetner or fruit to it. It's ALL water!!!!! The time has come to ditch the soda and the sugary soft drinks!
STOP DROP AND CHUG PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!! Make a promise to yourself and watch your success fly!!!! You got this and we got you!